As we enter the last 31 days of the year I am filled with so much gratitude, peace and joy. The Lord has done a LOT of refining this year and I am just really thankful for the ways in which He continues to scrub away at my sinful flesh and junk.
My goal for the end of this year is simple: Remain humble and teachable every single day. God’s goal for us is holiness and continued sanctification and that’s what I want to pursue + be about as I prepare my heart for 2022.
One thing I do at the end of each year is reflect and celebrate. I started this rhythm at the end of 2018 and it has been transformational in aligning my heart with God’s and truly counting every blessing.
A few questions to ask yourself as you reflect on 2021:
* IF THERE WAS ONE WORD TO DESCRIBE 2021- WHAT WOULD IT BE?
* WHAT WERE THE HIGHLIGHTS OF THIS PAST YEAR?
* IN WHAT AREA DID YOU GROW THE MOST?
* DID YOU BECOME A BETTER VERSION OF YOURSELF THIS YEAR?
* DID YOU SURROUND YOURSELF WITH PEOPLE THAT MAKE YOU BETTER?
* WHO INSPIRED GROWTH IN YOU? (CONTINUE TO STUDY THEM – THEIR SUCCESS LEAVES CLUES)
* WHAT IS ONE AREA YOU REALIZE YOU NEED TO DEVELOP IN?
* IS JESUS STILL LORD OF IT ALL?
* HOW CAN YOU SPEND MORE MEANINFUL TIME WITH YOUR KIDS?
* IS YOUR CURRENT CHILDCARE PLAN STILL THE BEST FIT?
* ARE YOU EARTHLY PURSUITS IN LINE WITH ETERNAL PUSUITS?
* WHAT ARE YOUR PRIORITIES?
* WHAT ABOUT YOUR JOB GIVES YOU LIFE?
* WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SURRENDER?
A few ways I recall what God did in the year:
* GO FOR A WALK OR HIKE.
* LOOK THROUGH PICTURES.
* LOOK BACK AT MY CALENDAR.
* TALK WITH THOSE CLOSE TO ME ABOUT THE YEAR.
Once I reflect on the current year + celebrate the year I then start to pray over the coming year. Celebrating and reflecting allows me to head into the new year with better vision and intentionality. From here I can start to take action.
Proverbs 29:18 says, “Where there is no vision the people perish.”
I also love this quote by Dave Ramsey,
“Some people dream and stop there. they never do anything about making their dreams come true. visions are dreams with more clarity. dreams become a reality only when you pull them gently from the clouds and convert them into visions. the most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight but no vision.”
Being intentional and having vision is important if we truly want to grow. I put together a 32 page guide for my team on reflecting, celebrating and intentionally planning for the coming year. Not just in business, but in EVERY area of your life.
Too often we goal set for work but fail to have plans and visions in our walk with the Lord, family, marriage and health. I have linked the full guide here as a a little end of the year gift to you. I am so excited for the coming year but also so thankful for 2021.
December 6, 2021